Thursday, February 12, 2009

If I'm not interested in awards...

then why am I posting them? Heh, heh.


I scooped up the "Love Ya" award (hey, it was there for the taking for anyone posting a comment!) over at Tristan and Crikey's place.




And yesterday, Abby and Stygia gave me an "Honest Scrap" award (they're my favorite bloggers, so this is a very special award to me). And, I noticed that if you say Honest Scrap fast enough, it sounds like honest crap. Hey, wait a minute...whether you say it slow or fast...honest crap! Heh, heh! Nice one!

Now, these awards come with conditions, but I've never been one to follow the rules...I make up my own. The 'Love Ya' award says that I am "not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement." Well, of course I am! I grabbed that award right off Tristan and Crikey's page and hurried back here to post it! The "Honest Scrap" award says that I should "choose a minimum of 7 blogs that [I] find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who [I am] because [I] don’t have 7 friends". Well, they got the part right about me not having seven friends, so I'll just link back to Abby and Stygia. And, I'm supposed to list 10 honest things about myself (man, this award stuff is exhausting!). So, here they are:
  • I harass birds.
  • I've jumped on the landlord's dog with my claws out and made him yelp.
  • I kill mice and leave their intestines for the lady to find.
  • When the lady takes care of the landlord's house, I sneak up the hill and spy on her from the tall grass.
  • I think the lady is in control of the weather (and don't understand why she makes it rain).
  • The tip of my tail is crooked.
  • I'm not totally black; I have some white hair on my chest (like, seven of them, I think).
  • I love sleeping in my wicker bed in the garage.
  • I snore.
  • I'm an ungrateful award recipient.

8 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

Well Mr Black I think you can count me as a friend. I'm following you now.

I too am a bad award winner, I try to never follow the rules.

I snore too.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Congratulations on your award!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is certainly a very honest list! It makes us thing that you do indeed deserve the award!

Tom and Tama-Chan

Cat with a Garden said...

Hehehe, you got a point there, Mr. Black.
You can't be that greedy though, otherwise you would have scooped up the award that is there for the taking on our blog, too.
We're shocked about the white hairs.
Purrs!

Mishkat said...

Congratulations on your awards - we're happy to meet you and Elvis, and would love to be your friend.

Big purrs to your mom for rescuing both of you!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! We're happy that you scooped up the award:) And friends? Well, we certainly count you as our friend! Now...we need to poach that Honest Scrap Award from you. Heeheehee

Shana said...

Mr. Black, mew are a man after my own black heart. (Also, you are very good-looking.) Please come visit my blog today, where I have written a little something about BLACK CATS in honor of today's date.

The Crew said...

Hi Mr. Black & Elvis. We saw you over at Derby's comments and wanted to welcome you to our cat blogging community. Stop over and see us some time.

George, Tipper, Max & Misty
The Crew